|A Non-Profit Property Management Housing Developer|
|"Helping to Improve the Lives of Community Members"|
|The Reed House||The Reed House Annex||The Meadows||Prospect Hill Apartments||Sanford Apartments||The Edgewater Home|
Built in 1899 by tobacco
farmer John Wells Loomis, the Reed House is
the earliest known example of the Dutch
colonial revival style home in Westfield.
The original one family home was renovated
by Domus in October 2000 into nine
single-room apartments for individuals who
were formerly homeless with disabilities.
The tenants are supported by local social
service agencies. The well maintained
grounds boast gardens, a pavilion for
cook-outs and a basketball court. A common
room provides space for tenant meetings and
meals together. Six of our original
residents continue to call the Reed House
their home and have found new life within a
A nine room annex has been built to complement the Reed House. It has nine individual efficiencies to house 8 tenants and a resident manager who oversees group activities for both homes.
Formerly the Westfield hotel, the Meadows has been in operation since July 2003. It provides permanent housing for individuals with income eligible income. The building has been transformed into 24 living units with 2 handicap accessible units on the first floor along with the Westfield Food Pantry, a local soup kitchen, a police sub-station, and a meeting room for social service groups, tenant forums and other scheduled meetings and life skills workshops.
Domus redeveloped this 1897 historical site (originally Prospect Hill Elementary School) into 17 quality units for income eligible families. The spacious 2 and 3 bedroom garden style apartments have many original architectural features, air-conditioning and other amenities including off street parking, laundry facilities, an elevator, a community police sub-station and support services on-site in their community rooms. CLICK HERE to download a rental application for Prospect Hill Apartments.
The Sanford Whip Factory, built in 1884, has been redeveloped into 15 studio apartments and 6 one-bedroom units. An elevator allows the tenants to access all four floors, laundry facilities and lounge areas. Support services are provided on-site in community and educational rooms. CLICK HERE to download a rental application for Sanford Apartments.
This single family home in Feeding Hills has been serving persons with developmental disabilities for the past 17 years. It is completely handicap accessible and is overseen by Hilltop Child and Adult Services of West Springfield.
The Marcoulier Building
This building at 168-174 Elm Street was built in 1920 and anchors the corner of Elm Street and Route 20. Its first floor consists of four commercial units: Rock Locks Hair Salon, Salon Cabellows and two open spaces. The second story houses five apartments with laundry facilities on the premises.
The Loomis Building
The Loomis Building at 118-120 Elm Street was built in 1872. The commercial portion of the building is home to a woman-owned business named Optimum Health, which offers therapeutic massages. Five housing units have been constructed, two on each of the second and third floors, and one unit in the rear of the first floor.
The Rinnova Building
Built in 1888-1900, this building was the YMCA. The commercial space located at the front of the building is leased by Westfield State University for a downtown art gallery as part of their initiative to assist in the revitalization of downtown Westfield. One handicapped- accessible unit is located in the rear of the first floor. Eight housing units have been constructed on the second and third floors with two adaptable units. The building has an elevator, laundry facilities on all floors, and a meeting room.
|All of the Elm Street buildings are overseen by a Site Coordinator to provide support services. They also have entry security systems in place and off-street parking. CLICK HERE to download an application in a PDF format.|
(Back to Top)
© Domus Inc. 1982 - 2011 All rights reserved